20130501

Project completed: VST GUI and Mutwale Kickstarter

It's been a long 5 or 6 weeks on these two projects.  The newest PluginGuru.com VST plugin has a nice working interactive GUI courtesy myself and a helpful programmer.  And of course the Guru, aka Skippy, who built the huge sample library.  It's available as a sample library in the audio industry staple Native Instruments Kontakt 5 sampler.  I think the Guru is trying to make the extension offical so that it can be used with the free Kontakt Player, but I won't have word on that for a while.  It may also be compatible with other soft-samplers, but that's out of my realm.  It's been a long on-and-off Photoshop adventure with 100+ layers, several tabs, animated knobs and buttons, and a luchador banging on drums with fiery drumsticks.  (Sadly the luchador himself was not part of my commission, not sure who drew him.) Fun stuff- but honestly I'm more excited about the new Plugin Guru intro animation, which was completed in March, but has been on hold for this VST to come out.  I'm pretty proud of the Guru intro- it's a solid piece of animation and it's my first lone-gun 2D commission.

And FINALLY, The Kickstarter for my film has been submitted for approval.  It takes a few days of review before I can launch.  It's been a lot of work, and I would describe it more but I'd like to think the effort is all up there on the page.  Here's to hoping!  I'll be back when it's live to talk about the process.

No comments: