20110920

Sept. 2011

I am still alive, and I apologize for not posting. The job situation in my life has changed recently, allowing me more time for my XL friend (the month of August in particular brought some grand developments, including the best animation to date,) but with this change also brings a threat anew: poverty. I have been working on M since July of 2008, and as of July 2011 I've set a soft deadline of April, 2014. With everything going on outside of the project, I am unable to justify spending immediate time making the latest work available for viewing. Nevertheless, there are those interested in helping- and I am soon to enter a recruiting phase for scanning, cleanups, and color flatting. In the meantime, enjoy a pic from my secondary project [hopefully a moneymaker to free up some time and funds for this ongoing pachyderm epic] the unearthly graphic novel Bloodless.

2 comments:

aaaa said...

have you tried kickstarter? I've heard and seen some pretty cool successes with it.

Jackhalfaprayer said...

Thanks man. I'm looking at kickstarter and indiegogo after I have more to show. a scene, a trailer. prints, maybe framed drawings. things to offer donors. to date I've had an unbelievable response raising funds privately through a fiscal sponsor. through this entity all donors have the opportunity to donate to my film through a 501c3 arts organization and receive a full tax deduction. I've also been awarded grant money from a local arts organization. overall I think I've raised about 10% of my budget. kickstarter will certainly help me match funds for grants, the question now is how much to shoot for and what sort of materials to have ready for the program once I start it.